Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jonathan & Josh's Engagement Party

Jonathan and Josh are getting married!  

To celebrate their engagement my Mom and Aunt threw an engagement party in October back home in CT.  We really lucked out and had wonderful fall weather, not too cold and just chilly enough.  I knew we needed to do some simple centerpieces for the tables out back so I decided to start playing with ideas I had been collecting ever since they announced their engagement.  The only problem was trying to incorporate fall items with their wedding colors of teal and gray.  Enter spray paint.


I picked up these mini pumpkin & gourd packs at the Dollar Store.


Positioned them in my spray painting shop.
(aka my balcony with drop cloth and an old printer box)


Gave them two coats of primer.


And then finished them off with two coats of color.


While at the Dollar Store I also picked up some pine cones and glitter.


I only needed the blue but I'm fairly certain that I'll be able to find something to put pink and green glitter on. ;)


I lightly sprayed the pine cones with adhesive and gave them a good covering of blue glitter.  It is really hard to pick up in the pictures but it gave the pine cones just the right amount of glitz.


Here they are on the tables with some candles and other fall decor.




How great are these carved pumpkins Jonathan and Josh made?! 
I would end up cutting my finger off if I tried that.



The newly engaged couple opening their Tiffany champagne flutes from Ed and Chuck.


Grady, Aunt Cappy & Maggie after a long day of party prep.


Me and Courtney


And of course Peanut wore her favorite Halloween party dress.


Congrats Jonathan and Josh!  We can't wait for the wedding!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...