Thursday, November 10, 2011

Megan & Justin's Baby Shower Brunch

I was lucky enough to co-host a baby shower brunch for one of my very best girlfriends in September.  We decided to do a simple brunch at a local DC bakery for their college friends and it was wonderful.  I'm still thinking about the piles of freshly baked bread, chocolate croissants and cheese, oh the cheese.  

We held the party at the Spring Valley location of Le Pain Quotidien in DC.  Since we couldn't hang any decor Heidi and I had to be creative with the table and chairs.

Diaper Cake
This was my first attempt at a diaper cake.  I found a great tutorial here and actually enjoyed putting it together (surprising since I'm terrified of rubber bands breaking on me... and balloons... remind me to tell you the Double Dare story some other time).  Since BP's (the baby's nickname) nursery had a surf theme I just had to incorporate that theme on the cake!


We also used strips of fabric in the colors of BP's nursery to dress up the plain chairs.  I think it worked perfectly.


Since BP is a boy we had to have fake mustaches!


The Favors
We got an assortment of cute little "baby" succulents from Home Depot and put them into mini terracotta pots from A.C. Moore.  To dress them up a bit we tied a blue ribbon around the top and attached the saying "Take me home and water me in honor of the Pierces' baby!"


Our Table



The Food
(this was just 1/4 of it)




Everyone enjoying the ridiculous amount of food.




Father to Be


Gift Time!



One guess who sent this gift to the party.


Me, Megan & Heidi


This was the first baby shower I've ever hosted and it was so much fun.  I'm so glad we were able to celebrate BP together on a beautiful fall Sunday morning.  Love you BP!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...