Friday, July 15, 2011

Refinishing Ikea

Wow, I started this post months and months (almost a year) ago and I'm finally finishing it now.  After I graduated Penn State and decided to move out of my Mom's house to NYC I went to IKEA to purchase some furniture for my studio apartment.  I ended up with tons of beech color laminate pieces that are no longer my taste but are still in great condition after almost 10 years.  I've read about painting laminate furniture all over blogland and decided to finally give it a go on a pair of side tables I wouldn't mind losing in the test run.

Before



I used BIN primer since Centsational girl sings its praises 
(and I listen to everything she has to say).


After one coat of primer.


After two coats of white semi gloss paint.

 
I was shocked by how well the paint held up on the pieces, no chipping or anything.  It's all about the primer and I didn't even have to sand!  Since this worked so well I decided to go laminate refinishing crazy... more to come!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...