Thursday, January 6, 2011

Welcome 2011! Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I'm coming into this new year with high hopes and dreams for an exquisite year, I hope you are too!  Many people use January to set resolutions or goals, if you are one of those people be sure to read my husband's blog post here.  Since Matt is a financial planner he has helped, or is currently helping, his clients to pursue their dreams and goals on a daily basis.  I may be biased, but I think his post is right on.

I decided to make a few resolutions this year, maybe if I put them out for all to see I'll have to stick to them!

1. Blog Once a Week
     This may be tough for me but I really enjoy blogging.  Unfortunately I tend to push it to the background when I get home at night because I'm on a computer all day at work.

2. Curse Less
     I'm going to need the DC Metro area's help with this since I sit in hours of traffic each and every day.  It's during those times that my curses become most creative (you can ask anyone I happen to be speaking to on my Bluetooth headset during my commutes).

3. Follow My Dreams
     I need to follow my brilliant husband's advice and stop being scared.  He proved to me this past year how your dreams can come true if you set a goal and go 100% for it.  No looking back.  No what ifs.  I'm going to follow his wise Twitter words, "Take a risk and achieve greatness, or risk nothing and achieve mediocrity."  I feel mediocre right now and that is going to change.

Wow, just typing out my goals has me motivated!  Thanks for listening to my New Year's rant.  Happy New Year to all, here's to a fantastic 2011!  

Oh, and since I took some time off from blogging during my vacation I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas as well!






2 comments:

Our Family said...

I'm dying to hear/see what #3 is!!!

Holly said...

Thanks for sharing!! I need to add the blogging once a week one to my resolutions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...