Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pondering the Kitchen

It's January and you know what January is perfect for... organizing!  We have a small kitchen so I needed to get creative when it came to storing all my pots, pans and gadgets (especially since I received some awesome kitchen items for Christmas).  I'm still not done but I can give you a peak at some "before" shots.


Drawers





  
Wow, just looking at those pictures makes my chest tighten with anxiety!  How did I let them get to this point?  


If you're like me, one of the unavoidable side effects to organizing your cabinets are the ideas that start popping into your head about updating the kitchen.  When we bought this condo the kitchen was the main selling point in my eyes.  Despite its size, it was updated with all stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops which is exactly what I wanted.  


Our Kitchen



Now that we've lived with it for almost 4 years I feel like the color scheme is a little "warm" for my taste.  I would love to paint the cabinets white to brighten the space and add some more modern touches like new cabinet hardware and even some new modern bar stools.  


Love this!







Painting the cabinets seems like a huge project.  It may be one of the only times having limited cabinetry would be a good thing. ;)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...