Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gram's 80th Birthday

I am super late in posting these pictures but even though they were taken in April I wanted to share.  My Gram turned 80 this year and to celebrate my Mom, Aunt, Uncle, Matt and I trekked out to Pittsburgh to spend the weekend. 

Gram wanted to visit the Phipps Conservatory so the ladies made our way into the city (the guys stayed behind to watch golf at the club).  It was so beautiful, especially in early April when the flowers outside are starting to awaken from their winter slumber and you are aching to see more beautiful blooms!


Mom, Gram and Aunt Cappy


The Birthday Girl
Crazy glass men that my Aunt wants for her garden
Chihuly Glass Installations
This one was my favorite
As a lover of all things orchid, my heart skipped a beat when we walked into the orchid room



Enjoy some more views from the other rooms of the conservatory

If you're ever in Pittsburgh, I highly recommend you make a stop at Phipps, but make sure to leave the men at home. ;) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...