Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wine Bottle Stoppers

Wow! I have been so M.I.A. Sorry for that! The past couple months have been pretty busy around the Brock household. I have managed to do a few projects so I'm happy to finally share them with you! As you know I had my 30th birthday in March. I wanted to send my guests home with a little something so I decided to make some personalized wine bottle stoppers. By chance I found some basic wooden stoppers at Bed Bath & Beyond one day while perusing the "gadget wall" (those of you who worked in the retail world should appreciate that lingo, I'm a proud Target alum) with my Dad in CT. I tried to get pictures of the bags but someone just HAD to be in the picture.

Hi Bean!

I started off by applying a layer of Modge Podge to the wooden tops of the stoppers.


Once dry, I applied a simple printout of each guest's initial and then applied another layer of Modge Podge. This one was for Ara.

I obviously forgot to take an "after" picture but I put each stopper in a drawstring bag and attached a small thank you card. The only change I would make is to print out on a laser jet as opposed to my ink jet because the ink ran a bit, oh well, live and learn...and drink wine. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...