Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

Matt and I had a low key day, just the way we like it. I decided to make nice meal for us for dinner (any excuse to use the china, silver & crystal, right ladies?) and I think it came out really well!

The table is set! I always print up a menu and keep it a surprise from Matt until he sits down to the table.


Winter Greens Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette by Giada De Laurentiis. Delicious! Okay, I admit I couldn't get my hands on sherry vinegar so I used red wine vinegar instead but it was still awesome.


Champagne Risotto by Giada De Laurentiis
Oh. My. Impressiveness.


Gianduja Souffle by Giada De Laurentiis (Are we noticing a theme?)
These were out of this world yummy! I believe Matt's exact words were "I can't imagine anything much better than this." And I finally got to use my All-Clad roaster! Am I the only person who finds All-Clad just fun to look at? It's so pretty...


Yes, we do get the cheesy blush champagne. It's Valentine's Day!
When else would this be appropriate?


I hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Wow, this food looks amazing! I love your idea of printing up a menu......I will have to use that technique the next time I cook (which will probably be a while).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...