Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bad Football Weekend... But At Least My Nails Look Cute

I was super excited to watch the Penn State versus Iowa football game on ABC prime time tonight. Matt invited me to join an Ameriprise client event at Red Door that morning so I could get a pedicure and manicure.

A new fall nail color to match my favorite football team.


ESPN College Game Day was broadcasting from Happy Valley so we had to DVR the show since it was on while we were at the salon. We watched it when we got home to prepare ourselves for the game!

Go State!


I even baked a prosciutto, mozzarella and spinach stromboli for us to snack on.


For those of you who don't follow college football, Iowa was the team that stood in the way of Penn State's undefeated season last year and this was a sort of revenge game at Beaver Stadium. However, the revenge never came and Iowa instead beat Penn State in front of a home crowd in the pouring down rain. Even Peanut couldn't bare to watch.


Checking my blood pressure as things started going down hill for the Lions. It was 118 moments earlier, but this still safe.



Penn State ended up losing to Iowa...again. That's all I have to say about that. Onto Sunday and the NFL games! Oh wait, the Redskins lost to the LIONS! We always have next weekend.

Graham came to stay with us Sunday night since he was playing in Matt's charity golf tournament on Monday morning (more on that in the next post). As I've blogged about before, I make Sunday Italian Supper every week so we invited Megan over as well.

Graham & Matt checking their fantasy teams.


Megan was in charge of bringing the bread...we love bread!

Spaghetti with beef, smoked almonds and basil.


This was just the supper we needed to forget about our horrible football teams and get ready for a full day of golf. Thanks for coming Megan!

~Natalie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...